Embarking on a New Journey

I've decided to embark on a new journey and share it with all of you. Why? Because I need accountability -I'll feel like a failure if I don't update about it and have progress to show!

So what is it?

Tomorrow I am officially entering weight-loss and get-in-shape mode. I've always struggled with my weight/body image -not because of how I think other people might see, but how I see me. I'm not happy with myself. 

Yes, I've had two kids so my body has changed...but packing on pounds by having chips and cokes is not okay. I do not make wise food choices and exercising is low on my priority list.

I want to lead a healthy life to show my kids a good example. I want to have a healthy lifestyle to make my long-term health better. I want to feel good in my own skin.

To be completely transparent with you, for lunch I had chicken nuggets, french fries, and a coke from McDonalds...this is when it dawned on me I have to make a change.

I'm not so worried about actually losing pounds as I am about getting in shape, toning up, and eating better. I know weight loss will come with that but I also know that muscle weighs more than fat -so my expectations are realistic.

So every Friday I'm going to update with pounds lost/gained(EEK!), current measurements, and what I've been doing all week to help my goal. I plan to offer some help for you along the way as God gives it to me! I'm going to keep this completely transparent and real. I know I'll falter along the way because I am merely human so please, if you have a moment, say a prayer for me, give a little encouragement, or offer any advice if you'd like!

Please join me tomorrow where I will be posting my current measurements along with "before" pictures....AHHHH....





Photobucket

If you like would like to have My Blessings at Home delivered to your inbox daily, click here: Subscribe to Blessings at Home . 
My Blessings at Home can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
All content © My Blessings at Home 2012.

1 comment:

Thank you for your participation in this conversation. Each and every comment is welcomed and appreciated.

This is a place where wives, moms, and keepers of the home can share their opinions and be themselves. Remember that each ladies' journey is little different so please keep all comments kind, respectful, and on topic.

If you feel that you can't offer a constructive comment please feel free to email me so that we can discuss what's on your mind.