The Love Dare - Day 2

Day 2 - Love is Kind

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

Kindness is how love acts to maximize a positive circumstance. Kindness creates a blessing. Love makes you kind and kindness makes you likable. 

The Bible tells of us the importance of kindness. Kind people find favor wherever they go -even at home.

Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man.
Proverbs 3:3-4

Kindness has 4 basic core ingredients.

1. Gentleness - (def.) 1.Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender. 2. Not harsh or severe; mild and soft. When you live out kindness you are sensitive and tender towards your spouse. You speak the truth in love never using harsh words.

2. Helpfulness - (def) the property of providing useful assistance. You meet the needs of the moment. Kindness graces a wife with the ability to serve her husband without worrying about herself. 

3. Willingness - (def) cheerful compliance. With kindness you aspire to be agreeable, you cooperate, and stay flexible. Instead of complaining and giving resistance you compromise and accommodate. To first listen instead of demanding your own way will end a potential argument.

4. Initiative - (def) The power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do. Kindness thinks ahead and takes the first step. Be the first to smile. Serve first. Forgive first. 

Jesus described the kindness of love in His parable of the Good Samaritan, found in the Bible -Luke 10.

One act of kindness can bring enemies together. 

Love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to bring no reward. You will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness. 
*******************************************

Today's Dare:
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

What discoveries did you make about love today? What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?

Comment when you complete today's dare!!


{Yesterday's Dare for Me - I succeeded in not saying anything negative to my husband. The temptation did arise but I chose to keep my mouth shut instead of saying something mean. I have an idea in my head of what I want him to do when he is home and when he doesn't go by that idea I tend to get angry...it's my fault -not his. I have high expectations instead of giving grace...it's a work in progress!

Photobucket

If you like would like to have My Blessings at Home delivered to your inbox daily, click here: Subscribe to Blessings at Home . 
My Blessings at Home can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
All content © My Blessings at Home 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Doing this makes me more aware when I fail (which is more often than I'd like)than if I hadn't tried to do these 'Dares' at all!! You are doing a great job and you did a great job on your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found your blog :) I've been thinking of doing the Love Dare (I have started the book several times...follow through is not my strong suit!)...but I'm trying to decide how/when to share on my blog. I pray that God will help you stick to it, and bless your marriage mightily!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your participation in this conversation. Each and every comment is welcomed and appreciated.

This is a place where wives, moms, and keepers of the home can share their opinions and be themselves. Remember that each ladies' journey is little different so please keep all comments kind, respectful, and on topic.

If you feel that you can't offer a constructive comment please feel free to email me so that we can discuss what's on your mind.