Menu Plan Monday...or something like that



So yea...I was totally going to post my menu plan this morning until I decided to scratch that idea...

Why?

Because I've decided that I am going to make every recipe that I pinned on Pinterest--obviously not all right now...but it's in the works..

So what does that have to do with menu plan for this week?

Well as I was looking through my pantry, freezers, and fridge I realized that I had a lot of random food items that needed to be used before I could justify spending anymore grocery money. Back in February or March we bought A LOT of meat from one of those at-home delivery companies and still haven't used all of it. I figure I need to get out everything before I bring in cool new recipes that will rock the socks off my family.

Pantry challenge it is!!

Really this should be interesting...

Here's kind of what I'm figuring...

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Homemade Granola
Box/Bag Cereal...don't judge me...
Pancakes/Waffles

Lunch
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Homemade Bean/Cheese Burritos

Dinner
Baked Pork Chops, Purple Hull Peas, Mashed Potatoes
Crockpot Chicken and Yellow Rice
Taco Stuffed Shells, Homemade Refried Beans
Beef Fajitas, Mexican Rice
Chicken Gumbo and Rice
Grilled Steak, Fried Squash, Mac and Cheese

Snacks
Fruit Cups
Jello
Hard-Boiled Eggs

There you have it. That's my plan...as of now...it may change before this week is over with because I have a lot of stuff to use up too...but that's just off the top of my head! I will be posting and linking recipes as I can get them up!

So yea...until later...I'm headed to bed! Night friends!


Click the picture at the top of the post to be taken to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday where you can find over 300+ linked up menu plans for PLENTY of inspiration!!

Photobucket

If you like would like to have My Blessings at Home delivered to your inbox daily, click here: Subscribe to Blessings at Home . 
My Blessings at Home can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
All content © My Blessings at Home 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot!! I love your idea!! I have done that from time to time and have actually to some extent been doing that lately. I love your oatmeal idea, and I won't judge you ;-) for using cereal as I have finally after many years (and the availability of cheaper cereal) found this a wonderful option on some days :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your participation in this conversation. Each and every comment is welcomed and appreciated.

This is a place where wives, moms, and keepers of the home can share their opinions and be themselves. Remember that each ladies' journey is little different so please keep all comments kind, respectful, and on topic.

If you feel that you can't offer a constructive comment please feel free to email me so that we can discuss what's on your mind.